Rob's quote board.
Here are some of my all time favorite quotes. I don't claim that the credits given are where the quote originated, but it's where I first heard it.
If you have anything to add, feel free to email me. I might put it up, but it's nothing personal if I don't.
- "Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese," - from Benny & Joon.
- "Teamwork is defined as a bunch of people doing what I say." - Mike Leckrone, Director - University of Wisconsin Marching Band
- "He deals the cards to find the answer, The sacred geometry of chance, The hidden law of a probable outcome, The numbers lead a dance" - Sting, from Shape of My Heart .
- "It is nothing to die, it is frightful not to live," - Jean Valjean in Victor Hugo's Les Miserables.
- "Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived. " - Isaac Asimov
- "You're going to burn in a very special level of hell... a level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater." - Shepherd Book, Firefly TV series
- "... they're as poor as squirrels in winter, but they're so happy they don't know how miserable they are." - From Fiddler on the Roof.
- "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it," - from Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
- "I'm sorry for babbling, but I had to keep going to find out what I was talking about." - my former roommate at 1 am.
- "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***ing customers." - from Clerks
- "Egad a base tone denotes a bad age," - They Might Be Giants, "I Palindrome I."
- "The afterlife is so boring . If I have to sing Kum-ba-ya one more time ... " - from Heathers
- "You ate my ear.. you killed your wife.. you framed me for it.. and you mad at me for lying ?!? - from Feeling Minnesota
- "For me, sex is kind of like pizza; even when it's bad it's still pretty good." - from Threesome
- "As a minister's daughter I was taught, quite plainly, that church is a place you can be truthful... as long as it's their truth." - Tori Amos
- "Did you do your homework? Did you do it well ?" - my mother, every day of high school.
- "Not all conservatives are stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives." - J.S. Mill
- "Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something." - from The Princess Bride
- "Why are we doing this? Why are we doing this?... I don't know." - My calculus teacher
- "I'm going to live forever, or die trying" - Calvin and Hobbes
- "If you were happy every day of your life you wouldn't be a human being; you'd be a gameshow host." - from Heathers
- "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony
- "I never realized how much deceit is involved in getting engaged." - My former roommate, while trying to keep his proposal a surprise.
- "I no doubt deserve my enemies, but I don't believe I deserve my friends." - Walt Whitman in Leaves of Grass.
- "There's a kind of freedom in being completely screwed, because you know things can't get any worse." - from The Freshman.
"These are the type of thoughts that kept me out of the really good schools!" - George Carlin
Back to the Lair!